ISLAMABAD: Initially official response from India and Pakistan over Pathankot attack were mature, no side blamed anyone. But on Tuesday, Indian Defence Minister alleged that Pakistan government involvement in the attack.
India had previously named Pakistan based banned outfit Jaish-e-Mohammed (JeM) for the attack on the Pathkot air base which killed seven Indian army-man in January.
Contrary to previous composure maintained by India, Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar said to the parliament, “Pakistan’s non-state actors were definitely behind the attack. Also, no non-state actor from there (Pakistan) can function smoothly without the state’s support,”
“The entire details of the attack will only come out in the National Investigation Agency (NIA) investigation,” he said.
PM Nawaz’s Foreign Affairs adviser Sartaj Aziz had earlier revealed that one of the mobile phone numbers linked to those who attacked the Pathankot airbase had been traced to the Jaish-e-Mohammed group’s headquarters in Bahawalpur.
Pakistan has also registered FIR against unknown attackers of Pathankot in Punjab.
Aftermath of attack resulted in the postponing of Pakistan India secretary level talks.