ISLAMABAD: Indian home minister, Rajnath Singh said on Tuesday that India has no reason to distrust Pakistan’s assurance on tracking the perpetrators of the Pathankot Air Base attack.
“Pakistan government has said it will take effective action. I think we should wait,” Minister said, The Hindu reported.
After the attack, Indian government had given actionable intelligence to Pakistan against perpetrators of the attack, Rajnath Sinhg added.
Earlier, Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif phoned Indian PM Narendra Modi offered support in tracing the responsible behind the brutal attacks at an India air force base in Pathankot.
“PM Nawaz Sharif called Modi to assure his support,” claimed Indian defence minister Manohar Parrikar while addressing a press conference.
Pakistan had earlier stated that it was working on the ‘leads’ provided by the Indian authorities related to Pathankot air base attack in a vital move to help keep the vulnerable thaw in cemented relations between the two neighbours.
“In line with Pakistan’s commitment to effectively counter and eradicate terrorism, the government is in touch with the Indian government and is working on the leads provided by it,” said in the statement.
The statement was issued moments after a Kashmiri separatists’ alliance, the UJC, claimed responsibility for the Pathankot attack, though the Indian media asserted that the assailants belonged to out-law faction Jaish-e-Muhammad.