Visiting Australia may not be just a vague fantasy or a dream taken down the stairs of Italian youth. australia tourisma government agency to promote Australian tourism, has, in fact, just launched the beneficial campaign “Working Holiday – Your Aussie Dream“.
The initiative is specifically designed to entice young Italians to come to Australia to live an unforgettable life experience through a working holiday formula. Specific perks have been studied to encourage younger travelers to choose formula DownStarting with the payment of the visa fee.
Australia: free visa for young Italians traveling down
On January 19, the Australian Federal Government announced new incentives for visa holders work holiday maker (subclass 417 and 462), with full vaccination cycle: the selection also started from the need to quickly find specialist workers in some sectors, to counteract the decline caused by the Covid-19 pandemic.
Thus arriving in Australia from Italy becomes a dream within reach, according to the provisions laid down by the Government:
• Work holiday visa holders (subclasses 417 and 462) who will arrive in Australia by 19 April 2022 will be able to count on full payment of the cost of the visa, which is approximately €310 (AU$495);
• Work holiday visa holders (subclass 417 and 462) will also be able to work for the same employer for more than 6 months without permission from the Ministry of Home Affairs: there will be no work restrictions for the same employer the employer is employed until the end of 2022.
The Australian dream: how do we achieve it?
- From 21 February 2022, visa holders who have been fully vaccinated with two doses of the Therapeutic Goods Administration (TGA) approved COVID-19 vaccine can travel to Australia without being quarantined, without applying for a travel waiver.
To enter Australia, international travelers must:
- be in possession of a working holiday visa (subclass 417 and 462);
- Receive complete vaccination with two doses of the Australian Therapeutic Goods Administration (TGA) approved COVID-19 vaccine and provide evidence of vaccination status;
- Submit a negative rapid antigen test (RAT) within 24 hours of departure or a Covid-19 polymerase chain reaction (PCR) test performed within 72 hours of departure (unless a medical exemption applies);
- Fill out a Digital Passenger ad to be sent within 72 hours prior to departure.
Visa refund must be requested by December 31, 2022 and for more information on the refund request, you can visit the official website of Home Affairs – Refund or australia.com. Information on entry requirements is updated regularly, so it is essential to monitor it before departure.
Credits: South Australia Tourism Authority
“Devoted bacon guru. Award-winning explorer. Internet junkie. Web lover.”