- Joaquin Buckley produced the “The Most Incredible Knockout in UFC History” during the Fight Island Festival in Abu Dhabi.
- Buckley played a middleweight match against Empa Kasanganai at the Behind Closed Doors Flash Forum on Yas Island, on Saturday.
- Halfway through the second round, Kasangani seemed in control when he hit Buckley with his opponent’s foot in the palm of his hand.
- But then Buckley did something that had to be seen to be believed. You can view it here.
- Visit the Insider home page for more stories.
Joaquin Buckley’s leap cycling behind in a missed stop on Impa Kasanganay might not be just this year’s knockout, but the greatest KO of all.
The 26-year-old American fought Kasangani in one of 13 matches during the ongoing UFC “Fight Island” festival at the Flash Forum in Yas Island, Abu Dhabi, on Saturday 10 October.
Kasanganay seemed to control halfway through the second round of the middleweight bout as he grabbed one of Buckley’s kicks and placed his opponent’s foot in the palm of his hand.
But, showing remarkable dexterity, Buckley moved to the back kick.
This maneuver surprised Kasangani, and he probably didn’t even know what had happened until he woke up later, as the blow left him improvised and he was defeated to the ground.
Those watching the Octagonside, locked behind closed doors, were clearly in shock, watching with open mouths and arms in the air.
Watch the end here:
—ESPN MMA (espnmma) October 10, 2020
Or here if you are in a different area:
—- UFC on BT Sport (btsportufc) October 10, 2020
After the win, Buckley said, “I saw that he still kept my leg, and I was still able to balance him with him grabbing my feet, so I just rolled and kicked,”
“I shot and shot and I got the result we needed. I know I landed hard, I didn’t know if I had kicked him out though until he locked him up and said the match was over.
“I train on it all the time, the only thing that was different was holding it on my feet, but I practice it all the time.”
The finish was so cool, Buckley was awarded an additional $ 50,000 check.
The The official UFC social media channel He credits Buckley with ending “the most incredible KO in UFC history.”
It will likely be returned forever.
“Introvert. Avid gamer. Wannabe beer advocate. Subtly charming zombie junkie. Social media trailblazer. Web scholar.”