- President Donald Trump said during an interview with radio anchor Rush Limbaugh on Friday that he was skeptical about whether he would recover from COVID-19.
- Trump said he “recovered immediately, almost immediately,” then added that he “might not have recovered at all from COVID” had it not been for taking Regeneron’s experimental antibody blend.
- Limbaugh, who was awarded the Presidential Medal of Freedom during Trump’s State of the Union address in February, was hosting Trump at a “virtual gathering.”
- Trump said at another point: “I wasn’t in good shape,” despite his earlier claim that he did not need to go to the hospital for treatment.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
President Donald Trump indicated Friday that he was concerned about his early diagnosis of COVID-19, and told talk radio host Rush Limbaugh that he believed An antibody trial cocktail Regeneron’s heart is what matters.
“I wasn’t in good shape,” Trump told Limbaugh, who had been awarded the nation’s highest civilian honor, the Presidential Medal of Freedom, in February.
But the president said he “recovered almost immediately.” He added that he “may not have recovered at all from COVID” otherwise Antibody cocktail.
Trump’s comment was a departure from the way he presented his diagnosis of COVID-19, insisting he only went to the hospital as a precaution.
—- Ryan Lisa (RyanLizza) October 9, 2020
During a phone interview with Fox News’ Sean Hannity Thursday evening, Trump coughed and had to clear his throat.
Aaron Robar (Atropar) October 9, 2020
Trump’s coronavirus situation remains unclear, however The White House refuses to disclose When the last test was negative.
At one point during the interview on Friday, Limbaugh indicated that Trump had gone on for an hour and 40 minutes without needing to pause or gather his thoughts, arguing that the president had recovered.
Trump, too Falsely suggested That the treatments he took were a “cure” for the Coronavirus.
The interview, billed as a “virtual march,” was the president’s third lengthy phone interview in two days. Trump has not appeared on camera since leaving the hospital on Monday, except for some videos posted on his Twitter account from the White House.