The pancreas It is an organ of elongated shape, found in most mammals (in humans it is found in the abdomen, behind the stomach and near the small intestine), and is of great importance used above all for two distinct functions, both of which are essential to the body:
- there endocrine function Directly responsible for the “control” action of glucose metabolism: glucagon and insulin.
- there secretion function Are those related to the production of enzymes to manage the nutritional properties of food.
The most famous types of diseases inherent in the pancreas are above all: pancreatitis, which is an inflammation of the organ, often due to an unhealthy diet, and Pancreas cancerand sometimes related to pancreatitis. The last diagnosis is usually the most harmful because the human body cannot deprive itself of the pancreas.
The best foods for the pancreas: here’s the order
Because it is used to produce insulin, the health of the pancreas is especially important for those who suffer from it diabetic The second type of disease is the most common type of this disease among adults. As is well known, certain foods are especially suitable to “help” this important organ to “work” effectively, while at the same time reducing any ailments.
- Foods rich in fiber, even better if they are organic, which reduces the need for a constant supply of insulin, and thus facilitates the functioning of the pancreas.
- Any kind of cabbage, broccoli, Brussels sprouts, cauliflower or cabbage, eaten 2-3 times a week, ensures less appearance of pancreatic tumors, although it is good not to overdo it due to the intake of iodine.
- Red fruits and berries – due to their antioxidant power, they improve the work of the pancreas, helping to protect the structure of the organ.
- Foods that contain probiotics, such as yogurt, kefir, apple cider vinegar, sauerkraut, and miso soup: The “good” bacteria have a very useful function to keep you healthy.
- Proper hydration, at least 1.5 liters of water per day, significantly reduces the risk of pancreatitis.
“Food expert. Unapologetic bacon maven. Beer enthusiast. Pop cultureaholic. General travel scholar. Total internet buff.”