Discovery announces a distinguished team of successful experts across Europe – together they boast a total of 94 medals and 192 Olympic Games appearances.
● “Team Discovery” includes Olympic legends such as Sir Bradley Wiggins, Carolina Kluft and Alan Bernard
● Scott Young: “We have the best talent pool ever.”
● 27 copies of the Games and 9 medals for the athletes of the Italian squad, including two gold medals, Rossano Galtarossa and Hugo Sconuccini
Discovery, the official home of the Olympics in Europe*, has unveiled an astonishing lineup of 145 sports stars and presenters tasked with furthering the broadcaster’s mission: to reignite the power of sport during the Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games.
Discovery’s team of sports experts includes famous top athletes with a combined 94 Olympic and Paralympic victories in a wide range of disciplines. Among them are Sir Bradley Wiggins (UK), multiple Olympic gold medalist in cycling, Carolina Kluft (Sweden), Olympic gold medalist in 2004 and Fabian Hambuchen (Germany), Olympic champion in Rio 2016. Discovery is where For fans eager to find out all the updates and news about the Olympic Games straight from the sports stars.
An impressive list of world-renowned experts which also includes:
• Alain Bernard (France) double Olympic gold medal in swimming
• Rossano Galtarossa (Italy), Olympic gold medalist in rowing and four-time world champion
• Adam Korol (Poland), 2008 Olympic Rowing Gold Medalist and four-time World Champion
• Jani Svenen (Finland), 1996 Olympic swimming silver medalist
• Alberto Contador (Spain), two-time Tour de France winner
The “Discovery Team” will include audiences in eleven European markets thanks to its extensive “Olympic” experience, gained in 192 Olympic and Paralympic Games, and the possibility in particular in Italy to follow every moment on Discovery, the only reality where spectators will have access to every must-watch moment in Tokyo 2020.
The team will work both on the field in Tokyo and from local centers, ensuring unparalleled skills, information and knowledge also thanks to the support of cutting-edge technologies and exclusive behind-the-scenes interviews, designed to deliver the best possible experience to millions of sports fans on the continent.
“Our team of world-renowned athletes and sporting talent for the Tokyo 2020 Games is the most competent ever,” said Scott Young, Senior Vice President of Production, Content Eurosport.
These sports stars are ready to give their best for entertainment at the highest level, powered by the latest and most innovative immersive technology to always put spectators at the center of the action and deliver the best Olympic experience to fans across Europe.”
The lineup is still being updated: more names will be added to “Team Discovery” and will be announced before the opening ceremony on July 23.