Does swimming make you lose weight? Of course, some swimming techniques are specific to losing weight in certain parts of the body. Let’s see which ones.
Swimming, as a cardiovascular activity, activates muscles and strengthens the heart and lungs. To improve muscle strength and endurance, it is best to train 3 times a week.
Swimming: Here’s How To Lose Weight
Swimming can be practiced at any age, regardless of physical fitness; Being a low impact activity. If your goal is to lose weight by swimming, do it 3 times a week for about an hour.
It may sound complicated but it is very easy to lose weight by swimming, considering you can burn between 600 and 800 calories. Here’s how to lose some body parts:
use Intermittent training (Circuit type) is the perfect choice. For example, swim quickly for 10 minutes, then take a 3 minute break, then swim again for 10 minutes and so on. All up to 30 minutes. In addition to losing weight, it can also increase endurance.
Depending on the style, you can adjust different parts of the body:
- freeChest muscles, triceps, biceps, forearms, quads, back, upper and middle neck
- frogThe hips, knees and inner thighs can be tightened. It is the only one that does not have a pushing stage at the level of the arms, so it is not recommended for people with cervical and lumbar problems. Moreover, you should already be a little trained.
- ButterflyTo slim the chest, shoulders, neck, abs, upper and lower back, quadriceps and trapezius muscles. The most intense technique because it engages the whole body.
- behind: Lower and middle back, trapezius, quadriceps and glutes
You should do the effort at a moderate intensity, that is, your heart rate should be between 65-75%. How is it calculated? To calculate this, subtract your age from 220 and get your maximum heart rate. On this basis, it calculates 65-75% of your heart rate and tries to figure out what swimming rhythm can keep you in that heart rate range.
Best diet for swimmers
Make sure to eat small meals, but rich in nutritional values And change it according to the food. Here’s what you can eat:
very important Introducing vitamins and mineralswhile the requirement should be divided as follows:
- 60% of calories are provided by i carbohydrates (bread, pasta, rice, cereals);
- 25% off calories from fat (extra virgin olive oil, milk and its derivatives, avocado);
- 10-15% of Calories from vegetable protein(legumes) and animals (Meat, fish, eggs and cheese).
Do not forget a“swim watch moderate speed Allows you to burn between 500 and 600 Calories And that you will have to divide those calories into 5 meals throughout the day.
“Food expert. Unapologetic bacon maven. Beer enthusiast. Pop cultureaholic. General travel scholar. Total internet buff.”