The platform announced that this is the first warning and that it will not tolerate content that denies the existence of the new coronavirus or suggests treatments such as hydroxychloroquine.
Youtube suspended for seven days Sky News Australia. The platform banned the news channel from uploading new content for a week, saying it was in violation of the rules for spreading misinformation about Covid-19.
The site is owned by Google Didn’t know in the last days which Sky News Australia received one “strike”, ie a “warning” of policy violation. Three warnings in a 90-day period will lead to permanent removal of the channel, according to Three policy strike. YouTube did not mention specific items but claimed to have viewed the material ‘Can cause real-world damage’.
For its part, the Australian Broadcasting Corporation is owned by billionaire conservative Rupert Murdoch He stated in an editorial That decision is A disturbing attack on freedom of thought And that YouTube was a political decision. Sky News Australia has 1.85 million YouTube subscribers and this ban could affect Google’s revenue stream.
A YouTube spokesperson said yesterday that the platform does not allow this Content that denies the existence of Covid-19 or encourages people to use it Hydroxychloroquine or ivermectin to treat or prevent the virus. He added that the site Allow videos with sufficient compensation context, which the offending videos did not provide.
He’s been following YouTube since last year Too tough line against COVID-19 misinformation, implementing ten different policies, According to CEO Susan Wojcicki. In the fall, YouTube also said it would remove videos with misinformation about novel coronavirus vaccines.
Brazilian President Jair Bolsonaro also recently underwent these guidelines, which he saw removed in July 15 videos He posted on his channel and spread misinformation about the epidemic and covid treatments.
“Devoted bacon guru. Award-winning explorer. Internet junkie. Web lover.”