Finally ‘Sultan’ made it to the screens and as expected the film has turned out to be a blockbuster from the very fast day of its on box office. ‘Sultan’, one of the most hyped films of this year has became the highest opener of 2016 at box office India after leaving behind ‘Fan’ and ‘Housefull 3’ by a huge margin.
It will be worth mentioning here that ‘Sultan’ also got third place among list of highest opening day films at Indian box office ever.
As it was expected, ‘Sultan’ will be raking around 40 crores on the opening day, the film getting it on the expectations have earned 36.5 crore at Indian box office.
But Sultan was not just there to shock box office for just one day, availing the 5-day holidays on occasion of Eid ul Fitr, the film clean-sweeped the box office with enormous business throughout.
The business for the first five days (Wed-Sun) of Sultan is as follows:
#Sultan ROARS… Creates HAVOC… Wed 36.54 cr, Thu 37.32 cr, Fri 31.67 cr, Sat 36.62 cr, Sun 38.21 cr. Total: ₹ 180.36 cr. India biz. ???
— taran adarsh (@taran_adarsh) July 11, 2016
10 records Salman Khan’s ‘Sultan’ broke in just 5 days of release
- Highest Opening Weekend Collection Of Salman Khan
- Highest Opening Weekend Collection Of Yash Raj Films
- Highest Opening Weekend Collection Of An EID Release
- First Movie To Gross INR 345 Cr Worldwide Over The Opening Weekend
- Most Consecutive Days Over INR 30.00 Cr Indian Box Office (Five Days)
- Most Number Of Days Above INR 35.00 Cr Indian box office (Four Days)
- Widest Screen Count Of All Time. (Hindi Version Only)
- Highest Pre-Eid Opening Day Collections
- Fastest Movie To Cross INR 150 Cr Indian Box Office
- Highest Advance Booking Of All Time