Home - Pakistan - Zimbabwe to carry on their cricket tour even after suicide attack near Gaddafi Stadium

Zimbabwe to carry on their cricket tour even after suicide attack near Gaddafi Stadium

Advertisements

LAHORE: A blast near Gaddafi Stadium on Frday  at 9pm, when match between Zimbabwe and Pakistan was underway, local media covering it up told that it was a “power transformer blast”. Pakistan’s Information Minister Pervaiz Rashid has said the blast on Friday was a suicidal blast which killed two people, a policeman and a civilian.

Advertisements

“An attempt to attack the Gaddafi Stadium was foiled by the gallantry of a police official, who lost his life to stop the attacker near Kalma Chowk,” Rashid told while talking to a private TV channel.

The injured of the incident were rescued to hospital, where they were reported dead.

Advertisements

Police had cordoned off the area and the forensic samples had been collected from the site to determine the nature of the explosion, told Lahore police chief Amin Wains.

Rashid also praised the actions of Pakistani Broadcaster Association for “covering up” the news, as match was underway and around 25,000 spectators were eying the match. If the news about suicide blast would have reported that time that would cause stampede in a house-full stadium.

After all this, it was said that Zimbabwe will left the tour and travel back to Zimbabwe as soon as possible but Zimbabwe taking brave step, decided to carry on their cricket tour.

Earlier, Pakistan have provided ‘presidential’ security to Zimbabwe cricket and Zim’s players are also seen praising hospitality and security  measurements taken by Pakistan.

Check Also

Sheikh Shoaib Axact CEO Arrested by FIA When SHC accepts appeal against his acquittal

Advertisements FIA arrested Axact Chief Executive Officer (CEO) Shoaib Sheikh on Monday after the SSHC accepted …

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *