ISLAMABAD: Around two month ago, PILDAT issued the Monitor on Quality of Governance during June-July 2015. This time it comes with the popularity of politicians and their parties. Nawaz Sharif as a leader and PML (N) as a political party are leading over others.
According to recent report of PILDAT over quality of democracy, it raised up to 66% at the end of second year of Nawaz’s government. The report of PILDAT mainly highlighted the performance of government, leaders, democracy and national institutions. All sectors of the government shows high performance at year end 2015 as compare to 2014 except Effectiveness of Bureaucracy – Government’s Performance and Effectiveness of the Bureaucracy – Bureaucracy’s Performance.
Performance of Political Parties:
If talk about leaders, the popularity of Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif and Chief Minister Punjab Shahbaz Sharif has significantly increased. The trust on Nawaz Sharif and Shahbaz Sharif was 53% and 57% respectively that has been now raised to 75% and 73% respectively. PTI Chairman Imran Khan slide down from 52% to 49%. Altaf Hussain is also at 13% from 18%.
Trust in Leaders:
Highlighted points by PILDAT:
- Only 30% of the respondents believe the General Election 2013 to be somewhat to completely rigged at the end of the 2nd year, compared to 37% in the 1st year
- 51% of the respondents rate highly the current Government’s performance in ensuring democratic oversight of the security sector
- PML-N garners highest Approval Rating, with 70% of the respondents rating the party’s competence highly; Approval Ratings of PTI and PPP at 44% and 36% respectively
- Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif remains the most trusted leader with an Approval Rating of 75%; Mr. Imran Khan garners an Approval Rating of 49%, while Mr. Asif Ali Zardari of 27%
- The Armed Forces most trusted institution with an Approval Rating of 75%, while Police the least trusted with an Approval Rating of 32%.