ISLAMABAD: In an emergency press conference on Thursday, Muttahida Qaumi Movement (MQM) announced its withdrawing from talks with the government, maintaining the government was not serious regarding dialogues.
The party had already announced its resignation from the National Assembly, Senate and the Sindh Assembly last month over that it said were ‘excesses’ committed by security forces against its activists and members during the Rangers’ operation in Karachi.
MQM’s leader Farooq Sattar said during the press conference that baseless rumors are being designed to put his party on a media trial and that the party had been politically victimized.
Further, he said that the party had approached all forums with its reservations but nothing happened whatsoever.
“During the last 20 days since we tendered our resignations, the situation has been at a standstill,” he added.
He maintained that it would be fruitless to go to Assemblies since MQM’s social and political activities are being banned; therefore, the resignations should be immediately accepted.
Meanwhile, expressing its reservations over Rangers’ operation in Karachi, MQM had rendered resignations from National Assembly, Senate as well as from Sindh Assembly.