RAWALPINDI: Third National Integrated Counter Terrorism Training Course ended successfully at National Counter Terrorism Training Center, Kharian.
The course that lasted for one moth was attended by over 405 soldiers that were from the units and divisions of armed forces and law enforcement agencies. The soldiers from Pakistan Navy, Army Strategic Force Command, Pakistan Rangers (Punjab), Gilgit Baltistan Police, Special Security Unit Sindh Police, Punjab Defense Services Guard, Azad Jammu & Kashmir Police, Pakistan Coast Guards and Airport Security Force participated in one month long training course.
Lt. Gen. Hilal Hussain, Corps Commander Mangla was the chief guest on the finalizing ceremony. Corps Commander appreciated the participants for taking part in the course and congratulated for successful completion of course. He appreciated their dedication, motivation and commitment during the course.
The aim of the course was to train the soldiers of armed forces and law enforcement agencies to enhance an integrated response mechanism against terrorism.
IGP Azad Kashmir, IGP Islamabad, Home Secretary Punjab and senior officers of Pakistan Army & Navy were also present at the culmination session of training programme.
Training Objectives – NICTC
• To develop physical fitness and mental robustness of the participants.
• Develop instant reflex response to impromptu situation including crisis management.
• Improvement of weapon handling and firing skills.
• Develop understanding of entire spectrum of dynamic nature of threat.
• Learning to fight as buddy pair and small group.
• Develop clear understanding of various aspects of base/installation security.
• To develop skills to appreciate the terrain and use it to own advantage for cover and fire.
• Mastering the skills of fighting in Build Up Area.
• Proficiency in negotiating various obstacles and field craft.