Younis Khan, also known for a person who responds best in adversity, is the current Pakistani cricketer and former captain of Pakistan Cricket Team. A cricketer whose test average is 50, who is the highest score in Pakistan in Test cricket and the only Pakistani player to score 9,000, the 14th to score 9,000 in Test Cricket, third Pakistani player to score 300 or over in an innings, record holder of most centuries from Pakistan side in Test Cricket, leave no doubt about his class and quality.
People called him Pathan warrior, committed, inspired, capable and bearing the burden of conflict with fortitude and poise.
Here are the records and achievements by Younis Khan at international level and his record comparison with Pakistani cricketers.
Younis Khan in Pakistan:
- ICC Test Ranking: 6 – Only Pakistani batsman in top ten
- Test average: 54 – Only Pakistani player above 50
- Third Pakistani player to score 300 or more in a Test innings- His highest Test score in 1st innings is 313 made against Sri Lanka on Feb 21, 2009.
- First Pakistani captain to won ICC World Twenty20. He was the captain of Pakistan Cricket Team in 2009 ICC World Twenty20.
- 5th Pakistani player to play 100 test matches. His 103rd test match is in process against England (October 2015).
- Record holder of most centuries by a Pakistani player in test cricket. By now 31 Test centuries.
- 6th Pakistani batsman to hit centuries in both innings of same test match (Against Australia October 22, 2014).
- 2nd Pakistani batsman having highest sixes in Test cricket (60 in 103 matches. Misbah ul Haq at first with 60 in 60 matches)
- Record holder of highest average against India in test matches. His average against India is 106 in his 6 test matches played against India.
- Only Pakistani having 5 double centuries in test matches.
- Only Pakistani to score a test hundred against every other 9 test playing nations.
- Only Pakistani fielder who has taken 110 catches so far.
- Only Pakistani who has scored three consecutive Test hundreds against Australia.
- 9 time Man of the Match award and 2 time Man of the Series award in test cricket.
- 15 time Man of the Match award in ODI cricket.
- The only batsman to have 60+ average in all the four innings of tests.
- First Test batsman to score five centuries in the fourth innings (Against Sri Lanka on July 6).
- 3rd batsman to have 50+ average in all four innings of Test.
- 5th rank in ICC Test Player of 2015
- 10th batsman in Test century maker
- 14th batsman who scored a test hundred against every other 9 test playing nations.
- 14th batsman to score 9,000 runs in Test cricket.
- 23rd batsman to score triple hundred in Test Cricket (313 against Sri Lanka on Feb 21, 2009).
- Since the 1999 Cricket World Cup, he had effected the third highest number of run-outs in ODI cricket (joint with Andrew Symonds), with the highest success rate.