Mercedes C-Class, 5th generation arrives: all the news
Mercedes Led to his debut New generation C-Class. This is an expected and very important model of German brand strategy. Since 2014, when the current generation was introduced, more than 2.5 million units have been sold. There are many new features, especially in terms of interiors and engines. All four cylinders are electrifiedIn line with the “electricity first” strategy. The new model will be offered in sedan and wagon versions. Orders will start on March 30th, and the new C-Class will be in dealerships It will arrive in the summer. Italian prices are not disclosed at the moment. Let’s find out all the main details.
Design and interior
Mercedes didn’t want to overturn the new generation of its C-Class. The appearance is reminiscent of the latest models of the German brand such as the E-Class. The front and It looks more rounded with a newly designed visual kit. The AVANTGARDE trim can count on some chrome detailing, while the AMG version has a sporty look with the diamond grille. LED headlights as standard.
Overall, the design looks more elegant and sporty than the previous generation. TheStreamlined appearance. The CX for the sedan is 0.24 which rises to 0.27 for the station wagon. The car uses wheels from 17 to 19 inches. With the next generation, new body colors also come. The dimensions of the new Mercedes C-Class are 4,751mm long x 1,820mm wide x 1,438mm long. The wheelbase is 2865 mm. As for the station wagon, the dimensions are as follows: 4.751 mm length x 1.820 mm width x 1455 height. The wheelbase is always 2865 mm.
The sedan offers a luggage capacity of 455 liters. On the other hand, the station wagon has a capacity of 490 liters which can go up to 1510 liters by folding the rear seat down (split 40:20:40). However, the main innovations are in the passenger compartment, the style of which reflects what we see inside the S-Class. Digital devices You can choose between a 10.25-inch or 12.3-inch screen. On the other hand, the infotainment system could adopt a 9.5in or 11.9in vertical screen. The platform is well known MBUX of the latest generation.
The appearance of the screens can be customized with 3 visual styles (Discreet, Sport and Classic). it is clear thatVoice assistant Which can be called with the command “Hey Mercedes”. A special feature, come MBUX Smart Home function That allows you to manage smart home jobs remotely. The MBUX platform also provides various functions for occupants, also related to entertainment.
On request the driver It may have a windshield display. Under the central display there is a fingerprint reader that allows you to safely access the infotainment functions. The platform supports OTA updates. Customers can then choose different finishes for their interiors.
One of the most important novelties in the new Mercedes C-Class is its availability Electrified engines, all four cylinders. Gasoline and diesel units contain sistema mild hybrid 48 volt Which deliver a boost with power of 15 kW and 200 Nm, and the motors provide a standard 9-speed automatic transmission. All-wheel drive is also available on some models. Below is a graph of the presentation of the new C-Class petrol / diesel.
- Mercedes-Class C 180: 125 kW / 170 hp – 250 Nm (15 kW / 20 hp boost), 0-100 km / h 8.6 sec and top speed 231 km / h
- Mercedes-Class C 200: 150 kW / 204 hp – 300 Nm (15 kW / 20 hp boost), 0-100 km / h 7.3 s (7.5 SW) and a top speed of 246 km / h (240 km / h SW) )
- Mercedes C-Class 200 4MATIC: 150 kW / 204 hp – 300 Nm (15 kW / 20 hp boost), 0-100 km / h 7.1 sec and top speed 241 km / h
- Mercedes-Class C 300: 190 kW / 258 hp – 400 Nm (15 kW / 20 hp boost), 0-100 km / h 6 seconds and top speed 250 km / h
- Mercedes C-Class 300 4MATIC: 190 kW / 258 hp – 400 Nm (15 kW / 20 hp boost), 0-100 km / h 6 seconds, top speed 250 km / h
- Mercedes-Class C 200 d: 120 kW / 163 hp – 380 Nm (15 kW / 20 hp boost), 0-100 km / h 7.7 s (7.8 SW) and a top speed of 230 km / h (226 km / h South) West)
- Mercedes C-Class 220d: 147 kW / 200 hp – 440 Nm (15 kW / 20 hp boost), 0-100 km / h 7.3 s (7.4 SW) and a top speed of 245 km / h (242 km / h SO) West)
- Mercedes C-Class 220 d 4MATIC: 147 kW / 200 hp – 440 Nm (15 kW / 20 hp boost), 0-100 km / h 7.4 s (7.5 SW) and a top speed of 239 km / h (237 km / h) Hour southwest))
- Mercedes C-Class 300 d: 196 kW / 265 hp – 550 Nm (15 kW / 20 hp boost), 0-100 km / h 5.7 s (5.8 SW) and a top speed of 250 km / h (250 km / h South) West)
Later he will come Also display the plugin. The Mercedes C-Class 300e will be able to count on a 150 kW (204 hp) four-cylinder petrol engine with a 95 kW (129 hp) electric unit. The total power of the system is 230 kW (313 hp) with torque of 550 Nm 25.4 kWh battery Able to deliverAutonomy of up to 100 km according to the WLTP cycle. In electric mode, it can travel at speeds of up to 140 km / h. The collector can be recharged with AC 11kW or up to 55KW (in just 30 minutes) with direct current (optional). Benefits were not disclosed.
Mercedes has also worked hard on the setup to make the new C-Class accurate, fun to drive and comfortable as well. Air suspension is also included as standard plug-ins. L ‘The rear axle is steered (Optional) It allows to improve vehicle agility. At speeds below 60 km / h, the rear wheels turn in the opposite direction to the front wheels by 2.5 degrees.
The new model of a German home can have all the latest features Duplicate ADAS systems Included in the Driving Assistance package. For example, we find Active Distance Assist DISTRONIC, Active Steering Assist, and Traffic Light Assist. There isn’t even a package for parking assistance.
“Explorer. Devoted travel specialist. Web expert. Organizer. Social media geek. Coffee enthusiast. Extreme troublemaker. Food trailblazer. Total bacon buff.”