The Duke and Duchess of Sussex reportedly have agreed to participate in a Netflix reality series Fly-on-the-Wall with cameras tracking them for three months.
Prince Harry and Meghan Markle hope to “ give a glimpse into their lives and see all of the charity work they do, ” according to a source.
This comes after the royal couple signed a £ 112 million Netflix deal to produce TV series, movies and children’s shows for the live broadcasting service.
Harry and Meghan will be followed for three months, but it is not clear if the cameras will be allowed into their home in Montecito, California.
The Duke and Duchess of Sussex talk about the US election vote during a TV appearance marking Time’s 100 most influential names appeal last week.
A source said the sun: ‘They might have all these lofty ideas about producing epics that shed light on the environmental causes and the poverty gap, but it’s clear that Netflix wants a pound of meat.
“Everything would be very delicious, not reality TV like Katie Price and Peter Andre, but they want to give people a glimpse into their lives and see all the charity they do.”
According to the source, a large part of the series will be about their charitable work and not what they do behind closed doors.
But they added, “It will still be a great vision, and Megan hopes viewers will see her true image.”
Majesty editor Ingrid Seward said the couple were “hypocritical” for agreeing to the reality show after leaving the UK for the US for more privacy. It is extraordinary. This is exactly what they said they would not do.
Executive Director of Public Relations Mark Burkowski told The Sun: “ Viewers will be interested in seeing what they’re up to but there has to be originality. They have created a grand plan and are implementing it. They do all of this on their own terms.
Megan (pictured on September 23) – who was starring in the legal drama Suits when she met Harry – has reportedly made it clear that she has no plans to return to acting
Netflix said it already has several projects in development but declined to provide further information about the new series.
A Netflix spokesperson said: “The couple already has several projects in development, including an innovative nature documentary series and an animated series that celebrates inspiring women but we have not disclosed any of the shows at this time.”
Harry and Meghan resigned from their respective royals at the end of March for personal and financial freedom.
The couple set up a production company to produce their films and documentaries and adhere to varied recruitment practices for their lead roles, Netflix indicated.
The Duchess is already starting her life in the business world, where she narrates a Disney movie about a family of elephants and their journey through Africa which was available for broadcast in April.
The Netflix co-founder promised earlier this month that movies and TV shows produced as part of the couple’s deal will be the “most watched” content on Netflix next year.
Prince Harry and Meghan pictured after their wedding at Windsor Castle in May 2018
Reed Hastings said the couple were “smart” at “shopping” for their talents in making shows around “all the major companies” before signing up with Netflix.
Hastings dismissed critics who questioned whether the former royals’ desire to create “impactful content that unleashes movement” would be good entertainment.
He told CNBC, “It’s going to be epic entertainment. I’m very excited about this deal.”
They are smart, and they’ve been shopping across all the major companies and I think we’ve really rounded up the best complete package.
We will do a wide range of entertainment with them. I can’t tell you more about that at this point, but I think it will be some of the most exciting and most watched content next year.
Understandably, the couple might appear on camera in their documentaries, but Megan – who was starring in the legal drama Suits when she met Harry – is said to have made it clear that she has no plans to return to acting.
Prince Charles, Prince William, Kate, Megan and Harry in Sandringham in December 2018
When asked about the topic, Mr. Hastings said: “The real focus for them is on being productive and on building that productive capacity.
‘This is the main thing. They have developed a wonderful eye for the story and we will work with them on that basis.
The lucrative deal appears to have already helped the couple sever ties with the royal family, as it was announced that they had paid the taxpayers in full for the £ 2.4m which was used to renovate their Windsor home, Frogmore Cottage.
Last week, the Duke and Duchess were accused of “ crossing the line ” after veiled criticism of Donald Trump as they urged Americans to come out and vote in the upcoming elections.
In the couple’s most notorious intervention in the US presidential election, Harry urged voters to “ reject hate speech, disinformation and negative information online ” – all traits critics associate with Trump.
In a TV appearance marking the appeal of the 100 most powerful names in Time magazine, Megan – who made no secret of her hatred of the president – described the November vote as the most important election of her life.
Meanwhile, Harry complained that he had been unable to exercise his democratic right to vote due to the agreementAs a member of the British royal family, he is It must remain politically neutral.
“Bacon trailblazer. Certified coffee maven. Zombie lover. Tv specialist. Freelance communicator.”