LineageOS 18.1 based on Android 11 is available for download
April begins with very positive news for the entire world of mods for Android devices: developers ProportionsOne of the most loved and supported Android custom ROMs, only Introduced Release LineageOS 18.1 is based on Android 11. Yes, I got it right: The team was able to fully assemble the custom ROMs using the AOSP branch of Android 11 Thus we bring all the news of the latest major Android release with the usual set of features of LineageOS.
What’s new in LineageOS 18.1
LineageOS 18.1 comes packed with a large number of novelties and features, the most important of which are listed below:
- All security patches from April 2020 to March 2021 collected from LineageOS 15.1 to LineageOS 18.1;
- WebView updated to Chromium version 89.0.4389.105;
- The recorder application is greatly improved from several perspectives:
- The recording screen has been changed to fit the AOSP screen
- The interface has been changed to be easy to view and manage
- You can choose the quality of the audio recordings to save memory space
- Recordings can be paused and played back
- Eleven music app, now offers a more modern interface;
- All LineageOS apps support dark mode;
- LineageOS Recovery has a better and more intuitive interface;
- Firewall can now block any kind of communication by making apps think the phone is in airplane mode;
- A new user interface has been added to manage system volumes.
All supported devices and download links
The initial list of smartphones supporting LineageOS 18.1 is quite extensive and we expect to grow over the next few weeks. If your device isn’t among the 60 below, don’t despair: “unofficial” versions of LineageOS are often published and they have been evenly supported for quite some time.
Here is the complete list of smartphones that support LineageOS 18.1:
How to install LineageOS 18.1
Before installing any custom ROM and even LineageOS 18.1, you need to unlock the bootloader via custom LineageOS recovery or by using TWRP. Once done, simply download CustomROM for your device and install it via recovery. Finally, as far as Google apps are concerned, LineageOS 18.1 arrives without Google apps pre-installed, so if you want to use it, you have to download it. MindTheGapps.
“Food expert. Unapologetic bacon maven. Beer enthusiast. Pop cultureaholic. General travel scholar. Total internet buff.”