Sunday 26 September “Super Athletes” fromIron Man 70.3The most exciting and extreme sporting event. More than 1,600 participants They challenge their opponents and themselves to beat the best time and cross the finish line in fractions Swimming, cycling and running. The competition unfolds along the route that occupies much of the streets of Lido, from the lighthouse to Cortellazzo, but the Ironman’s caravan will also touch Eraclea and Cavallino-Treporti.
What is iron man
Iron Man is a sporting event based on discipline triathlon, characterized by three fractures seamlessSwimming, cycling and running. IRONMAN GROUP, the company that owns the event brand, organizes events in 53 countries From the world 6 continents and create a community of More than a million athletes. The Jesolo version is part of the IRONMAN 70.3 circuit, a “shorter” distance compared to the original Iron Man, who was born in Hawaii over 40 years ago.
Iron Man Jesolo
The Iron Man version of Jesolo already has over 1,600 members, 87% of whom are men and 13% women, representing 208 sports federations. The 60% of the participants Italian Nationality. the rest 40% Represented by the athletes who will arrive in the city From every corner of Europe. in particular from Germany (10%) of kingdom United (9%) of Swiss (5%) By France (4%). more than 50% of subscribersIn fact, it comes from far away More than 200 kilometers from Jesolo. The event thus becomes an opportunity to introduce the city to potential new guests.
L ‘mid-age Athletes 41 years old. NS 1450 participants that it first experience with Iron Man. The debut they were eagerly awaiting the release of Jesolo. About 30% of the attendees have not competed in the Iron Man event in a while and choose Jesolo to leave again. On the other hand, about 15% compete in the Ironman courses. 1.9 km swimming in the open sea, 90 km by bike Along the road that crosses the city and also loops around municipalities Iraklia NS Cavallino-Treporte, In the end 21.1 kilometers of running In remote Jesolo. A tiring journey, immersed in the nature and beauty of the region to determine the best time and conquer victory.
“Jesolo is a sports friendly city, and for this reason, it is an ideal place to host such an important competition as Iron Man – declares Mayor of Jesolo, Valerio Zoggia -. We have worked hard and long, together, to be able to organize the event because it is a great opportunity to promote this stretch of the Venetian coast, which will show its beauty and organizational skills to guests who will now arrive as athletes but then be able to return as tourists“.
“It’s a project we wanted so badly – Commented on JesoloVenice President, Luigi Pasqualinotto – We are aware of the fact that sports are a great attraction for the city and that this is a competition of great prestige, which will bring excellent tourism promotion at the international level, as well as many fans and athletes on the day of the event. For this reason, we equally wanted to maintain an event of this level even in the difficulties faced by the demonstrations, taking into account the restrictions caused by infection control rules. This event will represent a huge driving force in terms of tourism promotion: a process whose benefits we will be able to enjoy even in the medium and long term.”
“Cavallino-Treporti is pleased to participate in the International Ironman event by hosting a portion of the bike path that will take place in the Bicycle Path section of Via Bordellio, on the road that includes the longest cantilevered path on Lake Venice. – It’s a comment Roberta Nesto, Mayor of Cavallino-Treporte -. An itinerary that will surround the sporting event and present natural and unique panoramas in the sporting context. For Cavallino-Treporti, the Ironman represents an opportunity to make our region known to the world of sports who, due to his tourism and naturalistic profession, is developing a project that focuses specifically on outdoor sports. The Iron Man therefore becomes an opportunity for our cities to express those characteristics that distinguish us and that are intimately connected with the world of sport, and allow, at this very moment, to contribute to the promotion of the various sports disciplines, with the hope that all sport is the subject of a restart.”
“Being a part of this important project is a great relief to Eraclea, proving that the synergy of the many municipalities coming together, making them available to the other part of the territory as well as security and civil protection personnel and, and declaring the possibility of organizing international events with a large number of athletes Nadia Zanchen, Mayor of Iraklia -. In Iraklia, most of the bike racing will take place with the participation of the main roads surrounded by nature and the greenery that characterizes the region.”
“Introvert. Avid gamer. Wannabe beer advocate. Subtly charming zombie junkie. Social media trailblazer. Web scholar.”