there BBC came today with Modernization In the process of applying for Eurovision 67asserting that the two cities, Glasgow and Liverpoolremain in contention to host the event in 2023.
The two cities passed the first round of selection among the seven that advanced in August (Birmingham, Glasgow, Leeds, Liverpool, Manchester, Newcastle and Sheffield).
Phil HaroldChairman of the Host Cities Selection Committee for BBCI have declared:
Thank you to all seven UK cities who have shown enthusiasm and passion for Eurovision across the UK. We are incredibly impressed with the quality and creativity of all the apps from the cities, in a very competitive field. The Eurovision Song Contest is a very complicated event in Liverpool and Glasgow Make a comprehensive offer; We will continue the discussion with them to determine the host city.
We are determined to make sure of that The 2023 Eurovision Song Contest reflects Ukraine’s victory And also an event all UK can take part in.
The United kingdom will hostEurovision Song Contest 2023 On behalf ofUkrainewho won the competition this year.
Official! Eurovision 2023 Eurovision Song Contest in the UK
Final decision on which city to hostEurovision Song Contest 2023who should come “In a few weeks”it is up to BBC In cooperation withEuropean Broadcasting Union (EBU).
Requirements for hosting the Eurovision Song Contest
Immediately Some fixed standards set by the European Broadcasting Unionwhich candidate cities must necessarily possess:
- An international airport is no more than 90 minutes away from the city.
- More than 2,000 hotel rooms in the vicinity of the event.
- Covered infrastructure (stadium / venue / center) capable of hosting between 8000 and 10,000 spectators.
- Security infrastructure, a press center for at least 1,000 journalists, delegation area including locker rooms, staff and office facilities, hospitality area, public services such as toilets, food and beverage points of sale, etc.
- The commitment that a city or region can make to host the event, including a financial contribution.
- The strength of the cultural offer that includes local and regional activities and presentation of Ukrainian culture and music.
- Align with the BBC’s strategic priorities as a public service broadcaster, such as providing quality to all audiences and supporting the UK’s creative economy.
You may also be interested in it
“Devoted bacon guru. Award-winning explorer. Internet junkie. Web lover.”