Washington – A person close to former Attorney General Bill Barr, questioned by the House Select Committee on January 6, contacted Barr for what he described as an informal conversation, confirming he had information about the attack on the Capitol or activities that day. Former Bailiff Jeffrey Clark.
CBS News has learned that Barr has no choice but to attend the January 6 events or the work Clarke was doing and that he doesn’t feel he has a lot of useful information for the team. His last day in the judiciary is December 23, 2020.
Congressman Benny Thompson, who chairs the House selection committee investigating the January 6 attack on the US capital, revealed Sunday that he spoke to detectives at the bar.
We’ve already spoken to the former attorney general. We talked to people from the Department of Defense when asked if the group would like to talk to Sbarra, said Thompson, a Mississippi Democrat, in an interview with Face The Nation. About a draft executive order allegedly issued by the Department of Defense to seize voting machines after the defeat of former President Donald Trump in the 2020 election.
We are concerned that our military was part of this big lie in the campaign that the election was a farce.
Several news outlets last week published a draft executive order that the selection committee obtained as part of a request for documents from the National Archives last year. Trump sued to prevent the group from obtaining records from the White House, but the Supreme Court last weekTheir publication paved the way for the National Archives to transmit the documents to House investigators.
administrative order project, First published by PoliticoIt was never introduced, and it is not clear who wrote the document. The decree of December 16, 2020, authorizes the Minister of Defense to “capture, collect, store and analyze all electronically stored machinery, equipment, information and material records for preservation.” Federal Law Maintaining and maintaining electoral records.
Thompson said the committee did not know if anyone inside the Pentagon was working on the issue of confiscating voting machines, but said the draft executive order was “sufficient reason to believe it was being proposed.”
“We have information that a plan has been presented to the judiciary to seize voting machines in the country and implement it using the assets of the defense sector,” he said.
The jury is also scrutinizing Republican presidential candidates in the five states that President Biden has won, recording unofficial votes and submitting fake electoral credentials alleging Trump won in their states. Based on reports.
Thompson said the committee was concerned that the documents had been submitted by people who falsely claimed to be responsible for conducting and certifying the elections.
“When you forge documents, in most cases, it is considered a criminal offense,” he said, noting that any decision in potential cases is by the judiciary.
The commission informed dozens of people during its investigation — White House aides, organizers of the January 6 rally outside the White House and Trump allies — and Thompson was directed to review more than 700 pages. Documents obtained from the National Archives.
He said public hearings are expected to begin in the spring.
“Part of our plan is to continue to involve as many as we deem necessary and important to our achievement. We will talk to some, we will operate others, and we will give others the opportunities we require,” Thompson said. . “
“Introvert. Avid gamer. Wannabe beer advocate. Subtly charming zombie junkie. Social media trailblazer. Web scholar.”