with the advent of electric mobility, more and more municipalities intend to install within their territories of Car charging poles. Some of these addresses are addressed directly to infrastructure operators Like Enel X. And this company wanted to send a very clear message to the Italian municipalities outlining the requirements needed to be able to return with a priority within their scope. Infrastructure plan.
A few years ago, Enel X set itself the goal of installing more than 14,000 recharge points in Italy by 2021.
Therefore, if municipalities intend to obtain priority access to this Enel X project, they must comply The following requirements.
- Preparation of an organic urban mobility plan that provides for the installation of recharging points in institutional and strategic locations
- Speed and administrative simplification in managing procedures
- Involve key local authorities (universities, courts, museums and other poles of interest) by adopting incentive policies (eg parking facilities) for the use of zero-emissions vehicles
- Respect access to infrastructure
- Electrification of the local government fleet
Then Enel X gave an example of a “virtuous” municipality that complied with these standards. It is located around Viterbo Where 34 fast charging points have been installed as required by the Memorandum of Understanding signed between the municipality and Enel X. The city can now offer electricity users a total of 42 Enel X charging points.
If municipalities, therefore, want columns quickly, they must meet these requirements. Federico CalinoHead of Electric Mobility at Enel X Italia commented:
The installation of charging infrastructure in the municipality of Viterbo is part of the national plan for electric mobility which sees Enel X committed to installing more than 14,000 charging points by 2021. The plan – which provides extensive coverage in all Italian regions by creating 22 fast charging infrastructures kW, fast from 50 kW to ultrafast from 350 kW – it is dynamic, flexible and open to all public and private bodies, which intend to cooperate for the growth of electric mobility in Italy, giving priority to the public administrations that meet the requirements of the municipality of Virtuoso.