Audi mocks the production release of its e-tron GT supercar and reveals the “progressive” sound of the car.
The car is an exciting entry into the electric vehicle space and has teamed up with Porsche to capitalize on its expertise with Taycan.
Audi unveiled Prototype back in 2018 It is now preparing to start production.
Today, the German automaker has teased the production and sound of the electric vehicle:
“A passion for detail, extreme precision and premium quality: the new Audi e-tron GT reflects all of Audi’s passion for developing and manufacturing cars. To produce the electric-powered Gran Turismo in the Audi Böllinger Höfe at Neckarsulm, the company uses new technologies dedicated to it – however , The finishing touches are applied by highly skilled hands. And since the dynamic artwork must also sound good, Audi has brought the musical flair and technical competence in creating a unique sound for the e-tron GT. It sounds powerful and progressive – just as Audi should.
Audi has released the following video about the e-tron GT sound, which it recommends watching with good headphones:
You can skip to the second half of the video to start hearing samples of the car’s audio.
The driver can modify the sound they created for the car if you dislike:
- The development of the electronic sound of the Audi e-tron GT with musical creativity and technical competence; Designed on the computer, in the audio lab, and in the car
- 32 individual audio elements; Weighted and adjusted based on drive management data
- Optional Audio Package: Two trunk controls, two exterior vehicle speakers and two interior rear door speakers
- The sound characteristics can be adjusted in multiple stages using the Audi drive select system
Audi has already taken some flips over the sound of the e-tron GT due to Engine noise was added to an electric vehicle feature at a producer position in the Avengers movie.
However, it appears the fault was on the people behind the movie and not on Audi.
With today’s release, Audi also teased the electric car:
The automaker has released a lot of details about the production of the Audi e-tron GT:
- The production of the Audi e-tron GT at the Audi Böllinger Höfe, which opened in 2014 at the Neckarsulm; Expansion & Transformation 2019; New default planning methods
- Head of Production, Wolfgang Schans: “Here, we bring a unique combination of craftsmanship and smart factory technology to life”
- The body shop for the e-tron GT is 85 percent automated. Ten stations for a total of 34 robots
- Optimum area management with the hull assembly line along which each body passes twice; The bi-directional programmer combines multiple manufacturing steps on a limited floor space
- The correlation-free embedded measurement is a new technology that delivers the highest accuracy, with a maximum potential deviation of only +/- 0.20 mm.
- The joint assembly line for the Audi e-tron GT and Audi R8 despite their different technological concepts is unique to the Volkswagen Group.
- Various conveyor technologies in the assembly line: 20 driverless transport vehicles, a new electrically powered overhead transmission rail, and an independent transmission station
- Human-robot collaboration to connect front and rear windows
- Customized assembly aids of 3D printer based on employees’ ideas
They also released some photos of the production underway in Germany:
The Audi e-tron GT is expected to be launched in the coming weeks. stay tuned.
FTC: We use affiliate links to earn income. More.
Subscribe to Electrek on YouTube to get exclusive videos And subscribe to Podcast.
“Explorer. Devoted travel specialist. Web expert. Organizer. Social media geek. Coffee enthusiast. Extreme troublemaker. Food trailblazer. Total bacon buff.”