The waiting time is over. iOS 16.3 is finally available in the final version for everyone. We recommend that you update your iPhones now.
In addition to iOS 16.3 for iPhones, Apple has also released iPadOS 16.3And watchOS 9.3.0 update (with the new Unity 2023 watch face), HomePod 16.3.1And tvOS 16.3 And macOS Ventura 13.2.2 update
What’s new in iOS 16.3
The update includes the following improvements and bug fixes:
- Unity’s new wallpaper honors black history and culture in celebration of Black History Month. It is a very special version theme when the screen is locked in always-on mode. It can be customized in color and comes with 4 different clock fonts to choose from.
- iCloud Advanced Data Protection increases the total number of categories of iCloud data protected with end-to-end encryption to 23, including iCloud Backup, Notes, and Photos. This way, your information will remain secure even in the event of a cloud data breach.
- Apple ID security keys allow users to improve account security by requiring a physical security key as part of the two-factor authentication sign-in process on new devices.
- HomePod (2nd generation) support added.
- To make calls via “Emergency SOS”, it is now necessary to hold down the side key and one of the volume keys and then release them, in order to avoid unintentional emergency calls.
- Fixed a free-form issue where some strokes might not appear in drawings created with Apple Pencil or a finger in shared whiteboards.
- Fixed an issue where the wallpaper would appear black on the lock screen.
- Fixed an issue where some horizontal lines would appear temporarily when waking the iPhone 14 Pro Max.
- Fixed an issue where the Home app widget on the lock screen would not display the app’s status correctly.
- Fixed an issue where Siri would not respond properly to song requests.
- Fixed some issues where requests to Siri in CarPlay could not be correctly understood.
To update your iPhone, just open Settings > General > Software Update. Alternatively, if you need a clean install, from scratch, you can use your computer and download the firmware in .ipsw format which you find below:
All iOS 16.3 Download Links:
“Food expert. Unapologetic bacon maven. Beer enthusiast. Pop cultureaholic. General travel scholar. Total internet buff.”