We’ve seen card issuers get creative when it comes to adding time-limited perks, given how consumer behavior has changed as a result of the coronavirus pandemic.
Around mid-2020, we saw temporary concessions added to American Express cards, and this trend continues. In this post, I wanted to keep a consolidated list of the benefits added to it American Express Cards In 2021.
New 2021 Amex Card Member Benefits
It can be difficult to keep track of all the time-limited perks Amex cards offer, since they come in various forms – some that do not require registration, others Available from Amex DealsSome of them are targeted, and others have not yet been published.
Here’s a summary of what is currently being offered and what we can expect, broken down by card:
The benefits of the new Personal Platinum Amex Card
- You can get up to $ 30 monthly credit between January 1 and June 30, 2021, for a total of up to $ 180 in value.
- This is valid for purchases made from eligible merchants using PayPal
- No registration required
Moreover, there are some Special Amex Deals deals for those with Amex Platinum (Registration required), which is valid for those with the card as of November 1, 2020. Amex claims this saves up to $ 1,700 in statement balances, and includes the following:
- Avis Car Rental – Spend over $ 250 on eligible purchases, get $ 75 refunds, up to twice
- BestBuy.com – Spend over $ 50 on eligible purchases, and get $ 50 refunds, up to twice
- GoldBelly – Spend $ 100 + on eligible purchases, and get $ 50 refunds, up to three times
- Home Chef – Spend $ 50 + on eligible purchases, and get $ 50 refunds, up to three times
- HomeDepot.com – Spend over $ 50 on eligible purchases, and get $ 50 refunds, up to twice
- Instacart – Spend over $ 250 on eligible purchases, and get $ 50 refunds, up to twice
- Samsung – Spend $ 1000 + on eligible purchases, get $ 200 back in one go
- Scribd – Spend $ 9.99 + on eligible purchases, get back $ 9.99, up to five times
- The Container Store – Spend over $ 150 on eligible purchases, get $ 50 back, up to twice
- Equinox Virtual Personal Training – Spend over $ 780 on eligible purchases, and get back $ 130, up to five times
- Wine Insiders – Spend over $ 30 on eligible purchases, get $ 30 back, up to twice
Personally, I think Best Buy and Home Depot offers are the most lucrative.
The benefits of the new Amex Business Platinum card
Until June 30, 2021, Amex Business Platinum holders can earn 5 times the Membership Rewards Points (4 bonus points) on US purchases made in the following categories:
- Office supplies
Cardmembers can earn up to 80,000 bonus points per category, and registration is required through Amex Offers. Of course the vast majority of small businesses won’t be able to fully maximize these categories, but these are still some powerful bonuses.
Me personally the value Membership Rewards points are 1.7 cents each, which means a return of 8.5%.
Privileges of the new Amex Small Business Card
Small business cards are offered by Amex Up to $ 250 on eligible merchant purchases:
- Registration is required by Amex Offers
- You can recover $ 25 through statement balances on transactions over $ 500, up to 10x
- This is valid until June 30, 2021
You can’t beat having this card on The Blue Business Plus Credit Card from American Express (Revision), As it offers double Membership Rewards Points for every dollar spent.
New temporary Amex Travel perks
Don’t get too excited here at all, but Amex is promoting that Amex Travel has some new offerings. For example, Fine Hotels & Resorts (available to those with an Amex Platinum) offers a free night or property credit of $ 250 or more for stays at more than 200 hotels. You can find everything Fine Hotels & Resorts, special offers here.
The catch is that there are usually offers of credit and a free night. The list might be better than usual, but I don’t see anything amazing. To clarify, we’re not talking about a free night without staying otherwise, but we’re talking about anything ranging from a free third night to a free sixth night.
Get additional credit at select Fine Hotels & Resorts
New Amex Delta, Hilton and Marriott franchises soon
Although not yet published, Amex has said that in the coming weeks we can expect to see new limited-time offers for existing personal and small business cards released simultaneously. Delta Sky MilesAnd the Hilton Honors ProgramAnd and Marriott Bonvoy.
However, we will have to stay informed of the details of these offers.
Card issuers are adding a variety of temporary benefits in light of the way in which consumer behavior has changed, and it is great to see this continue in 2021. So far, we have seen most of the added perks on Amex Platinum and Small Business Cards.
I think Amex Platinum’s monthly PayPal balance of $ 30 is by far the most exciting, and it makes keeping the card a no-brainer.
We hope to see new offers on co-branded cards soon too.
What do you think of the Amex’s limited time benefits for 2021?
“Explorer. Devoted travel specialist. Web expert. Organizer. Social media geek. Coffee enthusiast. Extreme troublemaker. Food trailblazer. Total bacon buff.”