Looking for expert advice to buy the best Portable External Hard Drive? Experts are here 🙂
You will invest your hard earned money buying this Portable External Hard Drive and I don’t want you to regret it. That is why I have spent a lot of time researching, reviewing, and comparing. To finally get to this list!
Seagate Portable 2TB External Hard Drive Portable HDD – USB 3.0 for PC, Mac, PS4, & Xbox - 1-year Rescue Service (STGX2000400)
11 used from $52.80
- Easily store and access 2TB to content on the go with the Seagate Portable Drive, a USB external hard drive
- Designed to work with Windows or Mac computers, this external hard drive makes backup a snap just drag and drop
- To get set up, connect the portable hard drive to a computer for automatic recognition no software required
- This USB drive provides plug and play simplicity with the included 18 inch USB 3.0 cable
- Enjoy long-term peace of mind with the included one-year limited warranty and one-yr Rescue Data Recovery Services
WD 2TB Elements Portable External Hard Drive, USB 3.0 - WDBU6Y0020BBK-WESN
34 used from $41.75
- USB 3.0 and USB 2.0 compatibility
- Fast data transfers
- Improve PC performance
- High Capacity; Compatibility Formatted NTFS for Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 7; Reformatting may be required for other operating systems; Compatibility may vary depending on user’s hardware configuration and operating system
- 2 year manufacturer's limited warranty
WD 2TB My Passport Portable External Hard Drive, Black - WDBYVG0020BBK-WESN
15 used from $42.61
- Automatic backup - Easy to use
- Password protection + 256-bit AES hardware encryption
- Western Digital Discovery software for Western Digital backup, password protection and drive management
- Superspeed USB port; USB 2.0 compatible
- 3-Year manufacturer's limited warranty
WD_Black 5TB P10-Game Drive, Portable External Hard Drive Compatible with -Playstation, Xbox, PC, & Mac - WDBA3A0050BBK-WESN
- Up to 5TB that can hold up to 125 games, so that you can save old favorites and still have room for new titles. Number of games based on a 36GB average per game. The number of games will vary based on file size, formatting, other programs, and factors.
- Portable and durable form factor that provides fast access to your gaming library, anywhere you go.
- High-performance HDD to optimize your console or PC gaming experience and drive your game.
- Purpose-built for gamers based on WD Black quality and reliability so you can play without limits.
Silicon Power 2TB Rugged Portable External Hard Drive Armor A60, Shockproof USB 3.0 for PC, Mac, Xbox and PS4, Black
1 used from $59.04
- PS4 / XBOX COMPATIBLE: Ideal for gaming enthusiasts Xbox One, Xbox 360, PS4, PS4 Pro and PS4 Slim (PS4 System Software version 4.50 or higher)
- ALL-ROUND DATA PROTECTION: Military-grade shockproof and IPX4 water-resistant protection,
- NO MORE MISSING CABLES: Cable-carry design for easy cable storage, Supported OS: Windows 10/8.1/8/7/Vista/XP, Mac OS 10.5.x, Linux 2.6.x,
- For Windows User: The A60 is pre-formatted as NTFS, so you could use it directly on Windows .
- [For Mac Users] Reformatting will be required for Mac operating systems]
Toshiba (HDTB420XK3AA) Canvio Basics 2TB Portable External Hard Drive USB 3.0, Black
- Sleek profile design with a matte, smudge resistance finish
- Plug & play; Easy to use with no software to install. Requires reformatting for Mac OS v10.12 /OS X v10.11 / v10.1
- Quickly add more storage capacity to your PC and other compatible devices
- USB 3.0 and USB 2.0 compatible with no external AC power cord needed
- Includes Toshiba 1 year standard limited warranty; Transfer rate - Up to 5 Gbit/s (USB 3.0), up to 480 Mbit/s (USB 2.0)
LaCie LAC9000298 Rugged Mini 2TB External Hard Drive Portable HDD - USB 3.0 USB 2.0 Compatible, Drop Shock Dust Rain Resistant Shuttle Drive, For Mac And PC Computer Desktop Workstation PC Laptop
- Travel with a massive capacity of up to 5TB in an ultra compact portable external hard Drive
- For those who have a need for Speed, seamlessly connect to USB 3. 0 computers and transfer content Fast with speeds of up to 130MB/s
- Trek confidently with an external Hard Drive that offers all terrain durability of drop, crush, and water resistance
- Take advantage of a complimentary 1 month membership to the Adobe creative cloud all apps plan for access to awesome photo and video editing apps
- Enjoy long term peace of mind with the included 2 year limited
Portable External Hard Drive - External 1TB 2TB Hard Drive Super Fast External Hard Drive for Mac, Laptop, PC - Silver,2TB
- 【Improve PC Performance】Powered by USB 3.1 technology, this Portable External Hard Drive is much faster than - but still compatible with - USB 2.0 backup drive, allowing for super fast transfer speed.
- 【System Compatibility】The 1tb 2tb external hard drive is compatible with Microsoft Windows 10/ Windows 8.1/ Windows 8/ Windows 7/ Apple MAC/Android and more!
- 【Plug & Play】 This external hard drive 1tb 2tb is ready to use without external power supply or software installation needed. Ideal extra storage for your computer and game console.
- 【Ultra Slim & Sturdy Metal Design】External hard drive mac,merely 0.35 inch thick. All-Aluminum anti-scratch model delivers remarkable strength and durability, keeping this portable hard drive external running cool and quiet.
- 【What's Included】 Portable 1tb 2tb external hard drive, USB 3.1 hard drive cable, 1-Year manufacturer warranty with free technical support service.
WD 5TB My Passport Ultra Blue Portable External Hard Drive, USB-C - WDBFTM0050BBL-WESN
5 used from $101.19
- Usb-c ready, USB 3.0 compatible
- Innovative style with refined metal cover
- Password protection with 256-bit AES hardware encryption
- Formatted for Windows 10
- 3-Year manufacturer's limited warranty
SanDisk 500GB Extreme Portable External SSD - Up to 550MB/s - USB-C, USB 3.1 - SDSSDE60-500G-G25
3 used from $69.63
- High-speed transfers with up to 550MB/s read speeds let you move hi-res photos and videos fast (Based on internal testing; performance may be lower depending on drive capacity, host device, OS and application.)
- Ruggedized, water- and dust-resistant (IP55-rated) (IEC 60529 IP55: Tested to withstand water flow (30 kPa) at 3 minch; limited dust contact does not interfere with operation. Must be clean and dry before use.)
- Shock-resistant solid state core for greater durability (Shock-resistant (up to 1500G) and vibration-resistant (5g RMS, 10-2000 HZ), Non-Operating Temperature(from ‐20°C to 70°C), operating temperature (from 0°C to 45°C))
- Compact and pocket-sized
- For PC and Mac users
Portable External Hard Drive Buyer’s Guide 2020
I have spent a long time including the above Portable External Hard Drive. Just to mention, I went through about 10 hours, 106 Product to buy and test 7 of the Portable External Hard Drive I listed.
When buying a Portable External Hard Drive, there are always a few things to keep in mind. I want to share it with you. If you are not convinced by the list above, you can check these factors and find the Portable External Hard Drive that best suits your needs. So should I start?
No matter what you buy, the price of the product is one of the most important things and the same applies to Portable External Hard Drive. Most Portable External Hard Drives are in the price range of high to low. The best Portable External Hard Drive is listed on the top of list. If the budget doesn’t matter, I recommend you choose the first product.
You can opt for the second place. It’s as good as the first one, but costs a lot less. However, if the budget is a big problem and you are looking for the cheapest Portable External Hard Drive, you should choose one that costs around.
2. Do you have what you need?
It is important that the Portable External Hard Drive you buy contains all the features you are looking for. Because if you don’t meet your requirements, how would it be best for you? If you are looking for something future-proof. The first model I listed is the best overall and has all the features you should be looking for in a Portable External Hard Drive.
Make a list of all the items you are looking for in a Portable External Hard Drive and then compare them with the models listed. If it suits your functional requirements, you should check the price. If it fits your budget, check out the other benefits Portable External Hard Drive has to offer. If you have any additional benefits that may be useful to you, hooray! You have just found the best Portable External Hard Drive test available for your budget.
3. The brand is important!
I always recommend my readers to choose the Portable External Hard Drive that comes from a well-known brand. Because it will not only be excellent in terms of product quality, but will also offer better customer support that can come in handy if there is a problem with the Portable External Hard Drive keyword in the future. A brand may be great in US or around the world, but if it doesn’t offer a service near you, it can be a problem. So when choosing a brand, make sure that the customer service or support center is nearby.
4. Check offers
Back then, you had to go to different stores to find out the exact price of the Portable External Hard Drive, and in some cases there were very few local stores. However, with an increase in e-commerce websites like Amazon US, you can always get the best Portable External Hard Drive test at a very reliable price. For this reason, I have inserted the link to the Amazon list of products. If this is not urgent, you can wait a few days to check.
5. Guarantee items!
Portable External Hard Drives from well-known brands are not easily damaged, and even if they do, there is a guarantee that you can repair for free if there is a problem with the manufacturer or a malfunction for no reason. However, if you buy Portable External Hard Drives from unknown brands that are not guaranteed, there is a good chance that you will end up spending a large amount on repairs and maintenance.
6. Read the reviews
The best way to recognize the Portable External Hard Drive keyword is to try or use it. But that is not possible. However, there are many customer reviews that explain the pros and cons that can be really helpful. Since this post is all about helping you find the best Portable External Hard Drive test, I can’t end up writing detailed reviews for each of the products. For this reason, until I get detailed product reviews, my suggestion would go through the actual customer reviews on Amazon.
7. Trustworthy seller
This is usually not the case, but I have had some bad experiences looking for a Portable External Hard Drive in the offline market. They told me that the model I buy is from a well-known brand. After using it for 2 months when I encountered a problem with the product, I contacted the service center and was made aware that the Portable External Hard Drive I was wearing was not really made for you by the service and is a first copy.
Following my advice, I would like to ask you to ensure that you shop from reliable sellers like Amazon and other popular stores that offer excellent customer support! In the event of such a scam, you can contact Amazon – report fraudulent activity, help other people avoid the purchase, and also get a refund.
I hope I could help you find the best Portable External Hard Drive test in US for 2020. Write a comment if I was helpful so that I could stay motivated and find many more guides for different products on the market. If I wasn’t helpful, you could still contact me and point out the mistakes I made (I’m open to accepting them publicly.)