Smog is the latest threat people in different countries like Pakistan, India and China are suffering from. The countries named above ranked among the top countries with highest deaths due to air pollution, as per WHO.
Smog is affecting different areas of Pakistan, the most to suffer are the urban areas of Punjab.
As per the latest met reports, Smoggy/Foggy conditions are expected over plain areas of Lahore, Gujranwala, Sargodha, Faisalabad, Sahiwal, Multan, Bahawalpur and Sukkur divisions during morning/evening.
Several precautions are being advised by the Punjab government as the smoggy condition seems to be carry on till December as less than the average rain fall is expected in November-December, according to the met department.
Diwali smoke and crop burning smoke of India is said to be the major reason of smog in the areas, and as per the predictions it seems that this dry weather will be staying on for days. So here are the some of the precautions to deal with smog:
- Use excess water and wash you hands several times a day so microbes or pollutant on your hands didn’t get the way through your mouth or nose.
- Avoid morning jogs, as the morning and evening are the times having peak smog.
- Keep your AC turn on even its cold outside as it clears the dirt particles in your room.
- Limit your activities and avoid less-important travelling.
- Use face masks to cover when you go outside, especially when you are on bike.